Friday, November 28, 2008

Get up early

Getting up early is a challenge for nowadays Christians, and so is it for me.

This morning I set my o'clock at 4:30am, but my three-month baby waked me up earlier than that. About 4:10am I was called up by my nanny and I knew the baby needed mommy's milk. So I got up and fed him.

The alarming rang when I was feeding my baby. Shall I just get up and begin my day, or sleep for a little while? I struggled in my mind to make a decision as I was giving the milk. If I began my day right away, it's too early, and...I may become very tired the whole day...So I found myself continuing sleeping in bed after feeding.

I got up at 8:24am.

I miss the days when I was a student in the Bible School. I got up at 4:00am each morning and enjoyed the time reading my Bible so much. The motivation was very clear, I wanted God to use me and send me to His mission field. A missionary vision kept my heart on fire. I also pressed myself into a new world through Bible reading and praying to God. I wanted to threw my old self and my old life away. Now I am a pastor, vice-principal and a teacher in the same Bible School, but I get up 4 hours late than that time as a student. I think I need new motivations so that I can get up early.

Anyway, I miss the hours without any disturbing and just to be with my Lord. I decide to get up early next morning at 4:00am.

No comments: