Monday, January 12, 2009

We have a dream



The pictures show the dream land of Hunan Bible Institute. In 2009, we are going to make this dream become partly true---we plan to locate the land by every effort. Who can live among "monsters" forever? Who can bear the school's tiny yard forever? For HBI students and teachers, the answer is NO ONE DOES! We want a change. We will move to our dream land one day in the near future.
30 years ago, when my father was teaching in a medical training school, I was his little assistant helping him check the answers of the students on their paper. Now my father retired as the dean of a university, that former medical training school is just a part of the university.
10 years ago, I was teaching English in Beijing in a private school. Today that private school teaches students playing golf, tennis, etc. in their classes. Many students from that school have gone to famous American universities. The school has graduated many "noble" persons.
For 19 years, HBI has been reopened, but it is still like a homunculus among schools and universities. It is so tiny that even the kindergaten I took more than 30 years ago was bigger and more beautiful. You can't find any pride in its size, in its building, in its environments. I usually feel embarrassed when my university classmates come to visit my home which is on the fifth floor of the school building. For them, it is a strange thing to find me working in such a school. I have no word when I tried to explain to them. We are not ashamed for who we are and what we have. But we are very embarrassed as we are so back of the society. Some people say, this is because of the Culture Revolution. The church closed for 20 years! But the whole Chinese society also stopped development during that time.
We are working for a better future of HBI, a big campus with green trees, many dependent buildings for teaching, library, canteen, students department and teachers department, and a standard sport playground. This dream is not something luxury.

2 comments:

ASP said...

I like your property.. nice.. How office market in your country?

新的一年里平安,脂肪湾仔僖宫, http://marketvaluer.blogspot.com/

Gloria-China said...

what does your "office market" mean?