Monday, February 23, 2009

My FAQ in the United States











In 2007, I got a chance to visit the United States for 38 days. That was my first time going abroad. Most of my time in the US was with church people. As I remembered, three questions I was asked frequently, following are my FAQ&A:
Where did you learn your English?
-I worked in an American company for 2 years in Beijing. There I picked up many useful expressions and got chance to use English in my work everyday.
What is your impression of US?
-Kids are outgoing compared with Chinese kids. Our kids are shy before strangers.
-Houses are so colorful: pink, yellow, black, peach, green, blue, grey, I never thought that some colors could use on painting houses!
-Americans are talkative. Good when you are fresh, bad when you feel tired. They can talk, talk and talk, while most Chinese enjoy quietness. Americans are energetic!
-Food has a lot of meat. I ended my last days in the US only eating fruit and bread. Asian food are more healthy!
-Mission: passion and reason. I can find passion in their church mission plans and acts, but also find their reason in the mission field which is good. But sometimes I feel reason is stronger than passion, then I feel not good.
-No people, only cars----people live far away from each other; a store is far away from living place; without cars Americans can't live.
-A trustworthy society, the value of honest is high. I got this impression in purchasing things in stores.
-Patriotism is extremely strong. See how many national flags in Disney Land!
How did you become a Christian?
-This question began to be asked in American embassy by the visa official. He was satisfied with my answer, otherwise he would not give me the visa. In the same way, every time I told the story about how I became a Christian, no more question was asked.

No comments: