Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Curriculum

We have finished the reformation of our curriculum finally. This semester we begin to use it! There is a brand new atmosphere in our school. Students are excited every moment. They have been released from 26 classes a week to 18 classes a week. Some new courses like Religious Dialogue, Development Psychology, Leadership Training, etc. make their faces just red. Teachers are crazily involved into every day's preparation for their classes. I must say that they are very brave, for they know what they are going to teach only one day before the new semester was open! Surely the bravest is me. I teach 5 courses this semester: World Religion, Religious Dialogue, Christianity and Chinese Culture, the book of Jeremiah and Theological English. See on the picture a part of my reference books. Unlike some teachers who know what they are going to teach this whole semester, I would not know what I am going to teach next class. It is also an excitement for me to take such a challenge.
If you want to find the feeling of travelling through space and time, come to our school. We used 2 months gained 10 years changes, and our teaching and study moved from middle school's level to college level in a minute. Large space has been created for both students and teachers to grow through this curriculum project.

No comments: