Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How Do I Teach Theological English




Only two students in this class. English is selective for second and third year students, but a must for first year students. Students go to 3 different English classes according to their English level. These two students in my class are in highest level. My slogan for them is: Stop to learn English, Use it!




Becoming a Women of Excellence is the textbook for this class, since these two students are all female. I brought this little book from America. A sister gave to me as a gift. Now I can use it in a good way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gloria! I just found your blog when I googled 'theological English'. I'm a NT lecturer from the UK, and have been teaching in Hong Kong (Chinese University) for the semester. Part of my work has been teaching theological English - I found one book from the UK, which is far too hard and unnecessarily complicated for my students from mainland China. Now I'm looking for something more suitable when I go back to Europe to teach students in Barcelona next semester.
I'd be interested to correspond with you in more detail - you can send a message to me care of Chinese University of Hong Kong if you wish.
Best wishes
Jenny (Read-Heimerdinger)

Gloria-China said...

Hi, Jenny, I don't know how to contact you, but it is an good idea that in the future we can share more details. I work in Hunan Bible School. Students have very different expectation to a British English teacher. They may like to learn from you more native English. But as a Chinese English teacher, I think I have more freedom. I can learn English together with my students. So I find my main role in teaching is to have my students dare to use English to get good English theological resources. Thank you for your interest. And I find I reply too late. Hope you can still find this response. Best wishes!