Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How Do I Teach World Religion


This week I learned Hinduism together with the second year students. I first collected 14 pages knowledge about Hinduism for the students most through internet. I asked them to read those 14 pages on class and showed them some pictures instead of "teaching" them anything. But then I gave them a request: Find our at least 20 points which you think can attract people's heart in Hinduism. This was not a big challenge for them, after first thinking by themselves then discussing in groups, one group among all five groups found 20 points. Next week, I will have all these groups compete on finding attracting points of Hinduism in class. This may be a challenge for them. We will see how much points they can find. Winners have reward, chocolate. After that, I will ask them to discuss: according to all those attractive points, what we can do to make Christianity more attractive for Chinese people? At last, I will ask them: what YOU can do to make Christianity more attractive in your community.

No comments: