Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Leadership Training in Changde Christian Council




Last week I went to Changde Christian Council. They had a leadership training class and they invited me to give them lectures. I taught them for three days about Discerning Heresies, the Importance of Mission and the Importance of Social Service. 34 students were from all three level churches: city level, county level and countryside level. The most interesting was, I preached to them about How To Deal With and Release From Jealousy at the end as I saw I still had an hour's left. They had a very hot discussion after my sermon. This, was unexpected. Everyone of them all had experienced jealousy in their church life, and that day they found it was so popular, so deep in human being's heart and so destroyful.

While I taught Thelogical English after I came back, one of my students arose the topic of jealousy again. "I can't help to think, 'It is nothing worthy', when I heard my classmates gave high praises to another classmate." She said. "I can enjoy his gift, but I just can't tolerate other people praise him for that." "That is jealousy, dear." I told her. So she asked me for that sermon and learn how to deal with and release from the bondage of jealousy.




No comments: